Month in, month out, the Google Earth Extension for AutoCAD is a popular download.
As part of the rewrite, the extension now supports additional flavors of AutoCAD:
- AutoCAD 2012
- AutoCAD Architecture 2012
- AutoCAD Map 3D 2012
- AutoCAD MEP 2012
- AutoCAD Mechanical 2012
- AutoCAD Plant 3D 2012
As before the list of capabilities includes:
- Import a Google Earth image into AutoCAD
- Publish your 3D model to Google Earth
- Drape a Google Earth image onto a 3D mesh in AutoCAD
- Attach time span information to your model
but color is now supported. The former version was black and white. Color was the number 1 request on the survey feedback. The user interface has also been updated to let you work with Google Earth while remaining in AutoCAD.
The read me for this update notes
- AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 is not supported.
- the Google Earth Extension may encounter problems when used with a proxy-server that requires authentication (i.e., user name and password).
You can get more detail on all of this from the getting started page on the Autodesk Labs site.